CLUSS is a Centre that provides services for students learning Italian as a foreign language and which conducts research which focuses on linguistics and on the science of education
The CLUSS Centre organizes Italian language courses for individual students and groups from more than 100 countries. The Centre, which is open all year-round, is appreciated for its high degree of specialization in teaching and the excellence of its educational offer which make it a prestigious centre, responding to the linguistic needs of a variety of students.
In addition, our language Centre has recently obtained the accreditation of EAQUALS (Evaluation & Accreditation of Quality in Language services), a mark of quality that testifies our excellence in language teaching and conforming to the highest international standards of language teaching and training.
- General Italian language courses (Levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2)
- Courses for students in European mobility
- Courses for international students
- Courses of Italian for special purposes
- Courses for teenagers
- Courses for teachers of Italian language abroad
- Courses upon request
CLUSS courses include a placement test, a final test and a certificate of attendance based on the chosen course of studies and its duration. After passing the final exam, students earn academic credits according to the ECTS system.
Italian language and culture courses for Chinese students who wish to attend degree courses at Italian universities. The programme aims to provide language training up to level B2, a requirement for attending courses at Italian universities. Information: http://cina.siena.unistrasi.it
Why choose to study Italian at the University for Foreigners of Siena?
- in Siena you can learn the best Italian
- you can meet students from all over the world
- you can live the experience of studying in a welcoming environment
- you can live in a safe city, in an area rich in history, art and culture
- you can live in an environment that promotes the learning of Italian
- we are open year-round
- we offer tutors, support and organize welcoming activities
- we meet the linguistic needs of different learners
- we are an observatory of the Italian language and we work all around the world
- you can meet other friends learning a foreign language who can help you